To be a Leading, Respected and Preferred Investment & Economic Development Corporation
To accelerate state Economic Development and promote greater participation of BCIC whilst ensuring sustainability and growth of the Corporation.
Formed on December 21, 1971 as a state-owned agency to assist in the Government efforts in stimulating industrial, commercial and socio-economic development of the State of Sabah.
- To accelerate industrial and commercial development in the State.
- To effectuate greater Bumiputera participation in commerce and industry.
- To achieve average 7.95 cent annualy on Group earning p/share (EPS)
- To develop average FOUR (4) socio-economic projects annually to provide Bumiputera entrepreneur with industrial and commercial premises.
- To provide training in business and entrepreneurial development skills to 800 Bumiputera entrepreneur annually.
To achieve the objectives, SEDCO’s roles include:-
- To promote economic development especially industrial development, including various aspects of planning and promotion of industrial capacity creation through direct investment, leading to the development of target industries in the State.
- To provide modern industrial and commercial infrastructure, including the planning and execution of infrastructural projects
- To promote the business image of Sabah, incorporating all aspects of promoting Sabah as a conducive and attractive business centre. – To create Bumiputera Commercial and Industrial Community (BCIC).